James 5:15 – And the prayer of the faith will cure the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up…
At my daughter’s 2 month well-baby appt the doctor diagnosed my precious girl with scoliosis, we were to have an x-ray to confirm. After he had shared this with me and I was holding her, I couldn’t figure out how I did not recognize it sooner as it was quite obvious without an x-ray!
My husband and I reached out in prayer for our little one, and put in requests with others.
Fast Forward to today…We had been referred to a orthopedic surgeon to look “O” over and decide what our next step would be with her. As I sat in the doctor’s office, the first doctor came in. He shared with me that because of how bad the scoliosis is (after looking at her x-rays) and because of how young she is, their first concern would be to check her kidneys as these things are often related. He laid her on her belly and ran his finger on her spine…he was not in there long and left the room. He came back in with another doctor. She then ran her finger over her spine and looked her over for a moment.
That is when she looked at me and told me that she is not convinced that it is a true case of scoliosis and that at the 2 month old appt it could be a “trunk control” issue. I am not certain what she meant by that because *I* am certain, that when I looked at my daughter while she played on her belly, the “c” in her back was OBVIOUS, so while she will discredit it and call it whatever she wants to call it, I call it the Lord’s good healing!!
There was NO curvature at all while the doctors were handling her! I did still notice a bit of a hump in her ribs on the opposite side of curve (a common affect of scoliosis), so if there is still an issue it is very minor compared to what it was when it was first discovered and is well on it’s way to straightening out…
We did make an appt for her that will happen in 5 months (at that time she will be sitting on her own and any problems would be easier to see) and in the meantime praise the Lord for His goodness when we are so unworthy!
We were in the office for a very short time (in the back for 10 mins) and while at first we looked at it like it was a waste of time (after a two hour drive!) in the end we decided that it was NOT a waste of time, because we got to see how wonderful our God is! Knowing our little one is doing well was such a blessing!
Anyway, that was my day today and my blessing I had to shout from the rooftops!
God bless you and have a blessed Sabbath!
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Loading...







4 comments:
I'm SO delighted for you! God is SO GOOD!!!!!!!!
That is wonderful news Mona. I am so happy that your prayers have been answered in the way that you wanted them to be. :o)
Mona, you know that we are rejoicing for you and O over here as well. Oops, I almost typed her real name out. ;0) I will continue to pray for her and the rest of the children. God is so loving to hear all of our prayers and petitions. YAY!! We serve a living God.
I know that you have been Shereen, I thank you so much for being an uplifter during the time of worry for my little one! Also thank you Erna for the prayers sent up for my precious girl!
Post a Comment