Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Wildlife Bird Throw Pillow


Finally! Something to share for crafting this week! We have been busy enjoying the weather and outside quite a bit so crafting and blogging have slowed a bit...I have soo many pictures ready for posts, etc just waiting for the time :o) NOW on to my Sew Crafty project, be sure to click the link above and share your projects with us!


My neighbor (who has become like our grandpa!) is having a birthday Saturday. This was a project that I thought would be a nice quick gift and still turn out nicely. I had a hard time figuring out what sort of hand-craft I could do for a 70 something man, and thought of this, since he is truly into all of the birds that flock his front yard and feeders throughout the year:








The button in the center turned out nice and camoflouged the slight off-centeredness ;o) I wanted the back to have a touch of texture to it so I sewed in "pleats", except instead of an actual pleat I sewed all the way across...when I first tried doing this I did it with very narrow rows, but as you can see it starte going diagonal, I knew it was going t turn up looking like poo, so I decide to do it with wider strips.






That turned out much better!






Here is the end result for the back :o)






And that is all :o) Took 1 hour to complete last night and will be able to give it to neighbor today :o)



Don't forget to post your projects and sign Mr. Linky at the button above!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That turned out so nice Mona! I'm sure your neighbor will be so pleased to recieve it as a gift. I can't believe it only took you an hour. It would take me a lot longer. lol :o)

Happy Sabbath!

Anonymous said...

WOW what a nice pillow!!! Your neighbor is a lucky guy!!!! I have been wanting to make pillows for quite a while and decided the other day to try making a rag pillow for my friend's daughter. They are moving and I want to make each of their kids something for their new rooms! You've inspired me!!! :) Bridget

Mom2fur said...

Oh, that looks great! I love the pintucks across the back. It makes it as pretty as the front. And what a great way to use some smaller pieces of fabric!