The other evening as I was writing in my journal, I realized that it pretty much said the same things as the other times that I have written in it, how I know how I should be and who I should be and how I fall short and how I don't know how to change even though it is SOO necessary in my home, etc etc etc.
You see, I have been feeling very overwhelmed, it seems life has just been trampling me. I continue to push through the day helping my children see the way things should be, helping them make better choices etc, and it seems that I just hit a certain point where all is wrong! I have fought with children for 4 hours straight and NOW I am done, I am done! I don't have time for those things that I used to enjoy, the time that I do have I am simply exhausted for any kind of free time...it has just simply been the biggest pity party EVER!
WELL, lately I have realized that it is just foolishness, that the longer I allow these negative thoughts and feelings to consume me, the longer it is going to take to get rid of them! I wrote a prayer about how I really needed the Lord to be there, how I certainly could not move on without him, that His presence is necessary or I will fail. I am sure we have all hit that point in our lives that we realize that we are not super woman and finally realize that without HIM we are not going to get anywhere! I am positive I am not the only one.
I have been there several times, the stress of the day can truly bring me to my knees! This particular day of talking to the Lord was such a blessing, as I finished up my journaling, I came to my blog. Now mind you, I had been to my blog a couple times that day, but for whatever reason I had not read the verse of the day yet. This time, after the talk with God, I did read that verse, I was just overwhelmed with HIS peace....What the verse of the day said to me was a direct answer to my prayers that evening!
Here is what the verse of the day was:
Isa 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
I am still over-joyed with this answer to my prayer and really realize that the more difficult things are getting, the more I need to rely on Him, escaping to my bedroom for a moment of prayer is necessary. I am thankful that He continues to pick me up when it feels like things are too far gone to be fixed. We have an awesome, loving God!
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Loading...








1 comments:
How interesting that I read this post today. Yesterday I had to cling to this very same verse to make it through. I even wrote it out on an index card and have it right on my bedside table.
God is right there holding us up and sustaining us. I know how you feel about being overwhelmed. I only have 4 children, compared to your 6 I should have it together, but I do not. We need the LORD every moment, each and every day. Thank God that His mercies are new each morning.
Blessings~
Post a Comment