Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Motivation & Joy

How easy it is to feel overwhelmed, whether it be right when I wake up or perhaps in the middle of the day. There are so many things that I would *love* to be doing, fun and free time are on the top of my head with the beautiful weather! Staying inside and completing important tasks seem like such a waste of time, especially when it feels like it is never going to be finished!

I am so blessed to have a Heavenly Father who is there for me and giving me direction, leading me in the right paths. I am also thankful for wonderful ladies on the web that have shared their thoughts, what the Lord is showing them, and have taken the time to share it with others! These posts were found at a timely moment and I thought I would share for those of you who might be feeling under-appreciated, overworked, and looking for a little motivation and joy ;o)


(again, I don't agree with everything on these blogs! Simply sharing the posts themselves!)

Encouraged and Refreshed

How do you stay so happy?

Every Day is Fresh with no Mistake In

My joy comes early in the morning, I am refreshed and renewed in the quiet. No, I don't need alone time...what I need is time with HIM! I feel like sometimes *He* is the first thing that gets moved from our busy schedule, when this happens, I slowly lose my grip...my children soon after...and then our whole day...

When my heart is not filled daily with His peace and joy, I am relying on myself and can easily see how outside circumstances end up being the source of my "joy". Truly though, joy is not an emotion, something that comes and goes, wavering in the wind according to what is going on around me. The only joy that can fulfill me is the joy I find in Him! The way that I personally handle difficult circumstances, and the way that things are handled when the steering wheel is in the Lord's hands are two different things! His JOY can make all the difference in the world!

Little Family Update!

As you can see by looking at the "House Progress" section in the left-hand column we are moving along with the house! We are pretty positive that it should be done this summer should everything keep falling in line the way that it has been. I *know* that is not of coincidence either :o) It seems that when we are ready to move on to the next thing, we have run out of money, but the Lord continues to open doors (get a good check from shop, car or item sale, t*x return! lol, friend finds item we need, etc) and help us continue with our work with the house, it truly is a blessing worthy of taking note of!!

Today the egress window will be put in (no charge, friend will take small window the egress window is replacing as payment!), Friday the building inspector will come and see that we have done the things he asked us to do in order to pass our work (minor things), and then on to insulation and drywall!! We look forward to getting all moved in :o)

Children surprised me today with getting most of their school done rather early, which is a good thing :o) We will finish up the last couple of things as we get ready to go to our dentist appointment. The three older children will be seen while I "man-down the forts" with all the children as one child is being seen at a time, the things I get myself into! They are all eager to go though, so I am hoping that is a good thing and they are looking for rewards when we get home and not consequences, lol :o) I am hoping to get some pictures of the adventure, we shall see how that turns out ;o)

Better go and finish up my morning, have a few things that must be done before we can go, like putting 5 carseats into the van, lol ;o) They were all taken out in order to handle materials for building the house!

Have a blessed day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the days I need to spend time with the Lord the most are the most often neglected. I like the quote by Martin Luther: "I have so much to do today that I should spend the first three hours in prayer." Great post!

Tawnya