Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Painting Progress

We have been pretty busy with working on the house and surrounding property. We are so close to done with the house we can taste it, but definitely getting to the more expensive parts of finishing it! Currently we are in the painting stage of things, we are getting this part done before any of the woodwork is put in (cabinets, door & window frames, baseboard, ceiling crowns, etc) so we won't be messing anything up ;o)

As I get each room painted I am getting the fabric for the windows and starting on those so it won't seem so overwhelming with cost and work of getting them done!

Here is the base color I started out with in the kitchen, this color has scared away many, lol :o)




Here is the finished product after two colors of sponging (an off-white green and a white)...I took picture of the full wall that was painted, most other walls I only painted the top half where the cabinets will be in case they do not go all the way up to the ceiling.



Here is a close up of the finished sponging...0n the computer does not look as nice as in person, but you get the idea ;o) Hubby was very pleased with the results and asked when I would be tackling our bedroom which is currently a dark brown, lol :o)



I plan on sharing some more pictures of things that have been getting accomplished around here throughout the week as I have time :o)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've done some great work! I thought I'd pop by and say, "Merry Christmas" to you & yours Mona! I would've left it on the spider post but it seemed inappropriate! LOL! Blessings!