Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Painting with the Sponging Technique

I am missing a disc of the befores on some of these, which is a shame! Some of these colors were just plain putrid before the sponging! lol :o) All of these were done a few months ago, but I realized a couple days ago that I did not get all the paint pictures up that I had planned to...I really thought that I had, but I am not finding them anywhere in the archives! Once I find the disc with the pictures of before I sponged I will update this post...

This is the master bedroom before I sponged it. The color is a wonderful example of the putrid colors I was working with, lol :o)



Here it is with the sponging done, I used 3 colors on top of the brown...light brown, antique white, and white...



This is one of the befores that I was able to find of the boys room, I painted the top part yellow, middle blue, and bottom green. In this picture I had sponged the blue with a lighter blue. I also sponged the yellow an orange, and the green in a lighter green before sponging with white, but those parts aren't show in this picture.



This is the after, I could not get the picture a little brighter, it really is not as dark as this looks, really it is more white with specks of the base coat peeking through...



This is the trim that I used to separate the colors, without it the colors did not look as separate as they do with it.



This is the color in the utility room, originally the color was this awful bright purple! I sponged it with grey on top, then off-white, then white, the color that peeks through looks more like blue now! Really nice :o)



This is the living room paint job, started with maroon and then off-white, then white. Again this picture makes it look really dark, but most of the house is very calm and bright :o)


This is the base coat of the bathroom...


Here it is sponged with white...


Once I got to the hallway I started getting a little "creative" if you want to call it that, lol :o) The base coat of the hallway was sponged in salmon, yellow, and grey, then I sponged with off-white...I think it turned out pretty neat! Without the last coat of sponging though it looked like I was making some weird camo design, lol :o)
****Here is a little tip on updating your paint job without a whole lot of expense...We did not pay 20 or 30 dollars per can of paint, we only paid $5!! At H*me D*pot and L*wes they have Oops! paint that were not the colors that someone had expected. They mark those down to sell them quickly. If we bought a color that was not what we wanted etc, we would simply start mixing colors! It was really a lot of fun, but on the other hand, if I ever see another sponge....lol :o)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how paint can change the whole look of a room/house? Fun!

It's so great to stop by and see your little family growing up. I realized you wrote me in your little chat box a long time ago. Oops! I never really check those things. :0o

I hope you're gearing up for spring these days! We've had some lovely temperatures but still had a few chilly ones too. Gotta run . . . hugs to all!