Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Origins of Halloween

I thought that I would share these links for those of you that are interested in the origins of halloween. My family does not participate in halloween. Even if one is to believe that it no longer is based on the same thing, the origins alone are enough for me to choose not to be involved. Not at home nor at church parties.

I found a link to some information about the origins from the History channel. I figured that a secular source of documented history would be enough information as to why I choose not to be involved as a Christian.

Real Story of Halloween

Short Halloween Video

I am not looking for some sort of a debate, just sharing the information. Have a wonderful, blessed, and safe weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am in the Keepers of home yahoo group with you. I saw your Halloween post and thought it is wonderful. We do not celebrate Halloween either. First because we feel that it is a very unchristian holiday and also because it is a holiday which glorifies violence and materialism. These are not God's ways.
Wonderful Post!
God Bless
In His Light
Jeni isaiahcalvin1@verizon.net