I am really hoping that we accomplish some of the bigger things that need doing around here this year. Especially the outdoor things! For example, here is what we can see from the french doors of our home most recently...a HUGE bald spot....
Not only is it a bald spot, but it was also a mound. We used to have the dog chained here and all the dirt would push toward the center where the end of the chain was...So it created a hill AND a bald spot.
The tile here shows about how deep we had needed to go to get rid of the mound and make it a more level area...From the tile up it was about 6 to 7 inches to smooth toward the ends. We had alot of work ahead of us!
In the following picture, you can see the mound leveled out!! So exciting! It took *alot* of shovelling and raking. Neighbor Guy came over and used the landscaping rake to finish it off and put in the stakes. I was more than thankful for the help!

We were extremely thrilled when we saw that grass was already starting to sprout!! I can't wait to look out of the doors and actually see GREEN!!
This week we also got the tent up for warmer nights! We slept in it last night, unfortunately I did not sleep very well. Tonight will be the last warm night for a few days, so we will sleep out there again....hopefully I will have things set up a little better so the sleep comes more easily...I like sleeping in the tent because we tend to get up earlier, which always makes for a better day. This fact works a litte better if you actually get some sleep, however.
Other than that, I have put up my laundry lines again and have been hanging all my laundry, nice little breaks during the day. I have also been working on small parts of the yard and getting some raking and clean up done here and there. So that is pretty much what I have been up to! I really do need to return my focus to my brother's tub I need to get sent out....*sigh* It is suppose to be cooler and FINALLY some rain over the next few days, SO maybe I will finally get some inside projects finished up ;o)


Loading...












2 comments:
We've also got a bald patch in our yard that needs our attention- you've got me motivated!
You sure have your work cut out for you!
I posted a Sew Crafty Friday project today, although I don't see anything going on at Shereen's.
Post a Comment