Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Let the Fun Begin!

I had to take Alisha to the dentist last week and before heading home we decided to stop at the library.  It has been quite some time since I had gone to the library.  Most recent trips proved it easier to purchase from the "Friends of the Library" than to be expected to get my books in on time ;o) 

Anyway, we are trying *again* .  I was really impressed with the changes that they had made since the last time I was there!  Their "Inspirational" section for the children has grown quite a bit and it seems that they are placing books together by age group, which *really* makes it more simple for me.

Here are a few that we started out with:

This is a cute little book of a child asking Mama and Papa questions about God.  The pictures are lovely.  The best part is the listing of verses in the back that go according to Mama and Papa's answers, pretty neat.  It was great hearing the boybies (5) respond to the questions what they felt the answers would be throughout the story.


This was a really cute book....our favorite line in the book was:  "Hello, hippopotamus.  Big bottom-a-mus, hippopotamus.  See you later, hippopotamus."  It was funny because the children thought I was making up the words in this part and thought that I was the one who said "Big bottom-a-mus", which of course, I did not.  Heehee :o)

When I get home from the library, the first thing I do is put them in a pile next to the computer and start typing up the list of books so that I can cross them off as they are returned.  As I was typing through the stack of books, I came across this Walter the Farting Dog book.  I was a bit surprised!  But then I remembered that I had asked dd11 to grab 10 more books for the boybies while I started checking out with what I had.  LOL!  So, anyway....needless to say I was less than pleased...needless to say, they are thrilled, lol :o)


This was a sweet little story about a little boy and his wagon, getting ignored by a couple of friends, but later on showing a big heart and forgiveness helps them along the way.  We really enjoyed this one, mostly ds5D since he has a large stuffed rabbit like Wyatt ;o)

0 comments: