
As I started preparing for my next cross-stitching project, I realized that I had started organizing my floss and never finished! So this made finding each floss I needed much more difficult...SO this week I was determined to get this procrastinated project completed! Or atleast near to it, lol ;o)
Here are all the flosses I have on bobbins already:

Here are the flosses that need to be sorted and put on bobbins with corresponding number stickers:

After all of these were on bobbins I needed to organize all the bobbins into numeric order into the little "dressers" I bought for them, mind you, I have quite the collection. This had been done with several of the bobbins I had done already, but a pair of unnamed two year olds attacked that set up and alas, it had to be redone! They also had taken the numbers off of many of the flosses that were not wound yet so that meant alot of figuring out what number went to what! Being blessed, I was only left with a couple unknown numbers, YAY!!
Here are all the bobbins that needed to be put in order, I placed bobbins as I was winding them into baggies in order to make later sorting a bit easier ;o)

And here is what my organized floss looks like! The two dressers hold one bobbin of each color I own, the green box holds all the floss doubles, cross-stitching beads, and extra bobbins & floss numbers. The plastic box in the lower left corner is the box I use to have the colors for one project on hand, as you can see it is set up for the next project :o) I also have my extra needles and small scissors in the box.


For other lovers of crafts that involve floss, here is a great page to print DMC Floss Inventory that lists all of the numbers that DMC makes.
And here is a link for a DMC Thread Conversion Chart that is great for comparison to other brand floss or to help find a replacement color for a floss number you don't have.
Be inspired and see more Tackle-It Tuesdays by clicking the banner at the top of this post!


Loading...







10 comments:
Wow! That's impressive. Great job!
YAY!! Everything looks so neat and orderly. Did I ever send you a bobbin winder? Please tell me I did, or I will feel so guilty. It looks great, I hope the twins don't get their hands on it again. ;0)Don't get me itching to do mine. I started refolding my fabric in a perfect way, using a ruler. I have to share that one soon. Thanks for sharing your huge tackle. Great job!!
Beautiful!! I haven't cross-stitched in a few years, but I remember sitting and organizing everything before getting started - what a job you had before you!
amazing work! those are hard to organize...it reminds me when i used to do cross stitching...
WOW - what a task! My hands started hurting thinking of all that winding! Fantastic job on a huge tackle!
WOWZA! Your floss collection looks like my ribbon collection!!
Great tackle!
Linda
Oh, what beautiful colors! And I KNOW that was alot of work. I just finished organzing my art room and all the teeny, tiny artsy things that needed to be organized so I can easily put my hands on the. I like your idea of having a box with your current project floss.
Great job!
That is a big tackle. It looks great!! So organized and beautiful colors too!
Wow. That's a mind blowing job & great tackle. Look forward to seeing your work sometime ;)
Hi Mona,
I absolutely love your apron you did a great job! I love the pattern also!
A friend of mine told me I was on your favorite blog list so I thought I would stop by and say a quick hello! I hope you have a blessed day.
I am in the process of trying to move all my HSblogger stuff over to my old blogspot blog you will see that link next to my name.
You know me by my HSblogger blog
Titus2Mentoring
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/HisWillingVessel
Well once again just wanted to say hi. Hugs dear sister
Blessings
Brenda
Post a Comment