Fridays are one of my most favorite days of the week! Two special things happen on Fridays, the both the Sabbath and my husband come home in the evening! Being away from my husband all week long brings so much joy on his return home for the weekend! The Sabbath brings peace and resting in the Lord and is a time that the children and I really appreciate!
In order to appreciate the Sabbath to its fullest I like to have as much housework done as possible, I prepare meals and get things set up for the next day. I try to do away with areas of the house that are bothering me to elimate thinking about the things I need to get done during this resting time.
Here is a basic Prep list:
--make Sabbath breakfast
--make Sabbath dinner
--make Friday's dinner
--tidy house
--make sure laundry is all caught up
--re-scrub kitchen floor
--touch up bathroom weeklies
--touch up living room weeklies
--re-do entry way weeklies
--prepare craft / story time for Sabbath
So now you have seen a week of my chores, I hope to share some of the other things that are schedule in our home at another time, for now I best be off to finish the other half of the Prep day list (almost done, yay!)
Have a blessed Sabbath!
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Loading...







2 comments:
I enjoy preparation day too, my husband is off and we get ready for Sabbath together. It's the same old chores, but it's more fun when he's home.
Have a Blessed Sabbath!!
Happy Sabbath Mona ! :o)
Post a Comment