Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Frugal Clothespin Holder

Be sure to click the link above and join in on the fun! Put your site in with Mr. Linky and share your projects!

Originally I had purchased a clothespin bag from W*lm*rt, it worked well, but in the end literally started falling apart like wet paper! It was only 2.00 I believe so it was not a major loss, but then I started trying to think of a way to make my own...

Here is what I started out with...it was a maternity shirt that I wore a couple times before it got ruined. I loved the fabric so I stored it until I could find a use for it ... I figured I would be using the fabric, but turns out I used up more of the shirt than I thought I would :o)

This shirt worked out well because it has a lower cut front, allowing me to grab clothespins much easier...




Here is the finished product, it turned out a bit lop-sided here and there as I did not plan it out very well, but it is cute and very usable and serves it's purpose :o)



I also sewed up 6 more cloth diapers of the larger size, but don't have pictures, besides I am sure you all get the point ;o)

Have a blessed day!

7 comments:

Mom2fur said...

That is so cute! I don't have a clothesline, alas--but maybe I'll get one in my next house. I'll have to remember this clever idea!

It's funny...we both posted something involving re-using t-shirts!

Anonymous said...

WOW... what an awesome idea!!!! I am always loving to see what people do to recycle stuff!!! GO, you!!!! It's so pretty too with the nice material!!

Shereen said...

I'm so happy to see that you figured something out. Great job in reusing something. I'm sure if must remind you of Ms. O everytime you see the bag. I was thinking of making an apron of some sort with large pockets for the clothes pins, as it's a pain to keep bending down to get them. It's working our pretty good in the garage for now. Thanks for sharing and participating in SCF this week. I've missed you.

Mom2fur said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! As far as creating freely...all you have to do is just try! (It's especially easy when the shirt only costs a quarter, LOL!)

Mrs.T said...

How cute! I need a new clothespin bag badly. I have made them for gifts using dishtowels, so will probably do that... maybe even this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa said...

Your clothespin bag turned out so nice. Great way to reuse something! :o)

Anonymous said...

How fun and what a neat idea! I love to sew and always enjoy new project ideas!