Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Quilts for the Twins


Friday again already! Unbelievable! Time sure does fly when you are having fun ;o) Three years ago tomorrow will be the third birthday of the twins, so I will finally be giving them their quilts! (Yep! Another project started LAST year, lol)

This first quilt is for E, It is the one I have been working really hard to get it finished this week, it has a racecar theme. The original design of the quilt came from a book I have, but it was not originally a racecar layout. I used cars from a cd bought from http://www.childcareland.com/ to create the templates. Didn't turn out too bad :o)



One really neat thing about making this is that I just went to JoAnn's website and collected a bunch of different clearance fabric (with the exception of the yellow which is from W*lm*rt), I did not have the backing at that point. A couple weeks ago went out to get the backing to get this finished and found the one below, it was almost like they made it special for my blanket, goes together great! :o) All I have left is the binding :o)


This cowboy theme quilt I had done last December, so it will be nice to finally give it to him! He *loves* homemade blankets, steals his daddy's quilt all the time ;o) So it is going to be neat to give him this :o)


The star and cactus templates I free-drew, the hat and boots I found something online and adjusted it to the way I wanted to use it.

I used a different bobbin thread than I used for the needle thread, and that created the two colors in the hats and boots. The detail in the hat turned out really neat :o)




And that is it for my Sew Crafty Friday! Please feel free to join in and share your projects or come and be inspired to start one :o) Just click the link above! :o)

6 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Wow, I wish I could quilt like that! Both of them are wonderful!

I'm glad you like my scarf. I don't know why switching from purling to knitting is so hard. I think I might be doing it wrong.

Mom2fur said...

Hi, again. You may be a beginner, but your piecework is so nice and even. No matter how hard I try, I always end up with crooked seams. Still, if you don't look too close, the 2 quilts I've made look pretty nice. And they're comfortable, which is what counts, LOL!
I'm not good at measuring and straight lines, I guess. It was only recently, with a friend's help, that I figured out how to make curtains that are even at the bottom.

Mrs.T said...

Oh Mona, these are amazing!!! I am so impressed at your creativity!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous work! I travelled over from mom2fur's site as the comment you made had reference to your quilts. I just LOVE a good quilt and am currently working on a quilt for each of my babies. My four year old Corynn and my one year old Andrew (Panda, I call him).

Lovely LOVELY work...your boys must just LOVE them!

PS. Flicker has a 'Block of the Month' club where you make one block a month and then switcheroo with a swap partner. Well, I actually make several-so I can keep some that I have made too. It is really fun. You should check it out...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/blockofthemonth/

Gina said...

Great quilt. I love the fabric pattern and colors.

gina

Debbie Ann said...

How beautiful! I think you did a fantastic job. You definitely have a special gift.