Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Button Dolls

A couple of years ago, my mother sent me this Button Doll, I was in love! I think it is so adorable! She said that she got it at some sort of shop that replicates things they used to make in years gone by...


It was too cute for me *not* to try to make them myself! I gotta tell you, they were much harder than I had thought they would be...the arms and legs are the easiest part, dressing the dolls was much harder! lol :o) Here are the two I started on the left and right side of the original. The one on the left has gotten her dress, the one on the right is showing what she looked like with arms and legs *before* she got her clothes!

Here are the finished products. I embroidered one name on each apron to "represent" a friend's daughters, I tried to match their favorite colors with the fabric and buttons I chose as well. For their hair I used DMC colors that matches their blonde and brown hair. These were done a few months ago, but I never had a chance to get them posted...


I also came up with a "pattern", or maybe it should better be called a "plan" for a boy doll as well...I plan on making a doll to represent each of my own children and have them displayed with their picture in the living room...when time allows anyway! lol :o) These two button dolls wore me out for a little while anyway ;o) I would have posted these on Sew Crafty Friday, but my dear friend has been on the move, literally from one side of the US to the other, so she has not been hosting. I sure hope that time will allow for her to host it again soon! For now I will just share some things that I have been getting done and haven't had time to post yet :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to see you blogging again, I'm glad to stop by for a visit! Your dolls are so cute!

Winnie Garza said...

Are you sure that is not Alisha and Olivia in a custome?? You better double check!! Love Ya!