Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not Alone

As I was driving back from town early this week, the Lord started speaking to my heart. What a nice drive it was, to not be alone. He reminded me of what I have been learning in Hebrews, the sacrifice that He made for us, and the mercy that He shows us, the hope that He gives us.

One of my favorite excerpts from Hebrews is:

12:1 - "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us
run with patience the race that is set before us,

2-Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame,
and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3-For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against
himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds."

These verses speak volumes to me, saying so much in very few words. I doubt that I am the only one who has struggles and temptations that plague them. I have also been learning more (or being sharpened in what I already did know) about loving God with my entire being. One thing that has been bothering me greatly is the fact that my sin(s) can be setting a bad example of a Christian to others. One can not choose God's grace as an excuse to continue in their own ways, this is not love nor faith.

For example, it seems that every night bed time is a fight. Rather than relaxing after a hard days work I can spend a couple hours trying to get little ones to calm down and go to sleep. Even more frustrating, on occasion it can be an on-going battle til close to midnight. Not only do I start feeling overwhelmed, but I also start to wonder where I am lacking. Do they love me enough to follow this one simple routine? I am not saying that the Lord has these same thoughts, He is much greater than I! But I am reminded that those who love Him follow my own ways HIS ways!

Deuteronomy 7:9-Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Matthew 6:24-No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

John 14:21-He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

1 John 2:5-But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected:
hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 5:3-For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:
and his commandments are not grievous.

The Hebrews verses above (as well as much of the book) also remind me that I am *not* alone in this race! One thing that I am learning is that the Lord truly is in control and it is my job to completely trade my yoke in for His. I think that in a sense my trying to handle things on my own has been an issue of pride, not wanting to fully admit that I absolutely need Him to accomplish things, that I can't do it on my own. Complete reliance on him through my difficulties is necessary.

Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus beheld them, and said
unto them, With men this is impossible;
but with God all things are possible.

I do have my part, I need to accept God's love and lean on Him. I need to hear His convictions in my life, and rather than saying, "Maybe Tomorrow", I need to act Today. I need to accept that God has forgiven me and is not holding it in the "bank of what not-to-dos" to throw it back in my face later (Heb 8:12). I need to learn to remain steadfast and move with perseverance.

Hebrews 3:13 - But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14- For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end.

Hebrews 6:11 - And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: 12- That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

I would like to encourage you to read Hebrews, it really opens a lot of thought that I must have overlooked at other times of reading this book. Another area of Hebrews that I enjoyed was describing the "lowering" Christ's rank when He came to earth, the description of the salvation He has given us through his crucifixion, and understanding that He *was* here as one of us and can understand our hardships and yet was still without sin. It is encouraging to know that we don't have to live this life alone!

Hebrews 4:15 - For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 - Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

0 comments: