Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

COMPLETED Room! and Work on Book Shelves

WOOHOO! We have floors!! Well, *not* all the way, but they are started anyway :o) The girls room is the first whole room to be completely finished!! Our Builder Guy laid floor in their room, the hallway, and a good portion of the living room...the floor molding in the girl's room was put in once the floor was done. The hallway framing and molding would be done also, but require a few tricks so the builder guy will work on those as well...I don't know which is more difficult, working on the brand new construction part of the house, or the existing part! lol :o)



Okay, remember the scary whole in the wall?? I still have plenty of work to do, but did get quite a bit done atleast...

You might notice the light switch missing in the newer picture compared to the upper picture...I moved that to the other side of the wall in the laundry room, which is what the switch was for anyway :o) Yay for builder guys and their ideas!! lol :o) I would not have been able to use a jig saw and clean up the hole so that it is closer to even otherwise! Also you can see that there is a gap on the sides of the tongue and groove, a set back to say the least!
Originally there was room for machines under the tv and then a place for two shelves of movies. As far as the upper hole is concerned, there was a hole that went all the way down the middle where the original furnace was, which is why we started playing with this wall to begin with, lol :o)

I used pieces left from other cuts we have made to build up the side of the walls on either side of the tongue and groove in order to make the gaps easier to cover once I start putting in the main suports of the shelves. I also got the upper hole covered. I knew I would be running 3 inch molding up the sides in order to hide the wood used to build the wall out. After some measurements, I put up the two pieces on either side as a guide line on how long to cut the tongue and groove to cover the hole (those do not stay there).



I put in a bit of work figuring out the measurements to face the inside of the shelves, it turned out looking pretty good! BUT then I realized that *only* the back end (or inside) of the shelves would have support!! I had no idea how, with the facing matching the wall thickness, to add support to the front of the shelves. So I will have to remove these and put in wider board that will stick out from the wall and the shelves will attach to that. Builder Guy gave me some ideas on the upper part above the main shelves, so we will see if I am handy enough in getting that done. If nothing else I will put him to work doing it, after all, they were *his* ideas, lol :o)
SO right now it still looks like a mess!! But I see the vision and it is coming along, despite the extra couple hours of work that has to be undone!! lol ;o) In order for me to get these finished up, hubby is getting the wood I will need today. So I will probably get the things undone that need to be, and also I will need to finish that part of the floor in order to rest the shelves on top of it...boy would Builder Guy be upset to come back and have to work around it, lol :o)

0 comments: