Here is a view of the dining room wall/window with the finished tongue & groove cedar...This will be one of my favorite areas of the house for sure!

On the inside of the window I added a trim with leaves on it to hide a groove filled with caulk...

You can see how the window is set in, leaving a "shelf", a buddy of ours did this wall and the window, I just did the leaf trim ;o)

You can see how the window is set in, leaving a "shelf", a buddy of ours did this wall and the window, I just did the leaf trim ;o)
Here is an updated picture of the school bar, we have started tiling it. We are waiting for braces to go under the edge of the bar that hang over, the tiling will get finished, then we will need to glaze all counter tops and at that point be *very* close to done with only finish trim, sinks, floors, and baseboards to go!
Above the bar is a light that we put in, last minute we were told we needed to recess the light base, so we added more wood to make it appear recessed...this of course left a small gap going around the light where it did not line up with the wood...I used that leaf trim to cover the gap and it turned out pretty neat!
This is the kitchen as of now, you can see we still need to put in the kitchen sink, but that has to come after the counters get glazed...The kitchen window has also been finished up with trim...it seems every window and outside door needed a little extra love to get just right since regular molding or trim would not do the trick...I am thankful that everything has worked out thus far!!
This is the right side of the kitchen...Under the corner cabinets I put up some under-cupboard lights, they turned out looking really neat! I just need to pin the wire up (as you can see in the below picture)
This project I am pretty proud of too! On the picture of the left side of the kitchen you can see our large pantry cupboard...Hubby had gone to Habitat of Humanity and purchased this really dinky base counter...it reminds me of what might have been a display some where or something (it is only like 24 inches high *before* I cut off the toe board!)...I marked off the toe board portion of the cupboard and cut it straight off and then placed it in the pantry cabinet. I plan on coming up with some sort of stenciling or something to do on the drawer and cupboard door, this will be my onion / potato bin, too neat!! I am glad it fit into the pantry just right too!!

Here is our nearly completed laundry room, floors still need to be done (as the rest of the house does!) and the laundry tub needs to be installed, and then it will be done. A couple weeks ago, after a couple months of not have a dryer, I grabbed the tools and cut a hole in the wall for the dryer vent! I was pretty impressed out how easily it went! And happy, also, that I did not mess it up! lol! NOW I have a working dryer, just a hop, skip, and jump away from our current dwelling!
On the other side of the laundry room, these are the utility shelves that I built, on the lower right hand corner you can see the extra cupboard from the kitchen that I incorporated into the shelves. Above the cupboard I installed a closet rod for some hanging room...
This is how our bedroom and the boys bedroom windows were done, turned out pretty good! At first I was worried as there was so much drywall and wood to hide in order for it too look right! Hubby's friend did a good job on those!
We were able to get the girls' window to look pretty good as well! There used to be quite the hole cut in the drywall around the window, not anymore! We used 2 x 4's to fill in the spaces and then trimmed it up, looks good! (the wood on the ceiling molding and window frame are *not* as dark as they appear in this picture!)

My next project is this whole in the wall! Originally we were going to put built in book shelves here, then hubby wanted to put in a flat screen tv...so we started cutting the wall etc...THEN after we got a wood burner discovered that we can not put the tv here after all, SO I have the task of figuring out how to turn this area back into built in book shelves, lol :o)
Good news, we have had our Electric Final and that has passed, I really did not have any doubt as we had hired reputable help for that work, but it is still a blessing to see it moving along! 2 more inspections (only one of those scary) and we will be on our way into the house!! WOOHOO!


Loading...
















1 comments:
That is so neat ya'll are building your new home. It's turning out very lovely by the way. :-)
I think it was 2 years ago, another blog I follow, they were building their home as well and constantly had updates and pictures and it was a blessing for me to share in their excitement.
I share in your excitement too. Can't wait to see the finished project! :-)
May you and your family have a safe and productive weekend!
Blessings from TX,
Dawn
Post a Comment