Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting Ready for the Move!

With everything going on with the house, it has been difficult to update on much else! I hope I have not become *too* boring, lol :o) Other then the work that is getting done with the house, I have started some organizing with the house that we currently live in. At first I really did not know where to start! As I thought it out I decided that the back of the house would be the easiest to work on first since it would be the easiest to *keep up* until we move to the new house, NOT however the easiest as far as getting it done, lol :o)


After some figuring out I started with our bedroom, it was a room that had ended up collecting several different items! It was hubby's collection room, my sewing/craft things were in this room (as well as other rooms!), books & movies, and not to mention the clothing and such that actually belong in the room! So, it was definitely quite the challenge!


First I moved all my sewing/craft things to the Misc room, once I squeeze in a little time I will start organizing all of that. While it is all in tubs and boxes of some sort, it is not really in any order! I need to organize it all according to type and that sort of thing. After getting those things out of the way, I was able to really clean alot of things out of the room and get it organized. There are still more things to do that I will be working on through this week, but it has an awesome start! I got all the stuff in the way taken care of so now I can work on the areas that I could not see so well, lol :o)


My overall plan is getting everything perfectly organized and then KEEP it that way so that when we move it will go smoothly. Our plan is that as we move, we will put everything away as we bring it over to the new house. I think that will be *really* nice because when we usually move and I try to be organized about, helpers are not so organized and it gets out of hand, lol ;o) With us being right next door to where we will be moving to, a basket load at a time IS possible, yay!! (not that I would do it a basket load at a time anyway, but you know what I mean, lol)


When I need a little motivation, taking a look at the pictures I have taken or just walking right next door to look at the progress gets me going again! Unless of course I have been pushing myself too much already, I am taking it easy today, and thinking about the things I will accomplish once I feel well rested again, lol :o) I am looking forward to moving day!

0 comments: