Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Solid Rock

Luk 6:47-49 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

The Solid Rock
Edward Mote
William B Bradbury

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name

Chorus:
On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

When darkness veils his lovely face
I rest on his unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil
Chorus

His oath, his covenant, his blood
Supports me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay
Chorus

When he shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in him be found
Dressed in his rightousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne
Chorus

1Sa 2:2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

2Sa 22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

Psa 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I LOVE that hymn! The first time I heard it was at a Baptist church in Germany, and that was all it took for me to add it to my 'favorites'. :-D

Love the Scriptures you posted afterwards.

When we think of a rock, we know that it is strong, sturdy and in many instances unbreakable. That is our LORD!

HalleluYAH! \o/

April blessings to you and your family!