The last few months have definitley been a challenge! While it feels that we have gotten *too* comfortable at times ;o), we have been dotting our i's and crossing our t's!
It seemed that our first few months simply worked out lovely, while I was still working on the moving and getting things settled, the chidlren seemed to care more about their messes and trying to keep things up! The newness quickly wore out, however....
This week we have been getting back to the basics, we have started with keeping our bedrooms up (even Mom!) and staying on top of the laundry!
This week, as soon as there was a load it was washed, hung on the clothesline (in a specific order), folded as I brought it down, and put away as soon as I walked in the door with it. That has blessed our home so much!
There are certain things that just weren't working the way I wanted it to when we first moved in...I had to rearrange the master bedroom, which in the end allowed us to have more room so I moved in some things to store my sewing/craft tubs...they are behind closed doors so it is not as obvious what is in there, lol :o) This allowed me to get the utility shelves cleared off and ready to use for their intended purpose! YAY!!
Over time it was getting too difficult to keep up with the blog, so I hid it for a while...I did finally come to a couple of conclusions...My original blog was too much to keep up with, so it became kind of a chore...I simplified the layout...At first I started with a really boring template provided by blogger until I found the site http://cutestblogontheblock.com, they made it simple to still have a cute blog without all the extra work I was putting into it! I still have some things I have to put into it over the next couple weeks, but once that is done, it won't really be necessary to do it again.
I hope to share some pictures of the house completed now that we are *living* in it, but that will have to come as I am able to. Another hard part of blogging for me is that I enjoy sharing pictures! But that does take quite a chunk of time to accomplish, so those will be kept to a minimum...
So I am here, planning on being a little more involved as I find time...I feel like I have a better idea of what is going to work for my free time, and will get easier as we forge ahead in getting our routines more straight here at home ;o)
It was nice to stop in for a minute, have a nice day!!
Saturday, August 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Loading...







0 comments:
Post a Comment