Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"God Shall Wipe Away Tears" Hankies for Cousins

I finally finished the gift for my cousins who lost their mother. While they are my age, I could not imagine losing either of my parents already. She was only 56 and had been fighting cancer for 8 years. She spent her days enjoying her children, taking them all over the world, and making all the time that she could with them before she went. Her death struck me very hard, my mother's side of the family is all on the other side of the US and I felt useless when I could not be there...I felt much better when I realized that I could do *something*...it is not alot in the shadow of a death of a loved one, but a small way to let them know that they are often in my thoughts and prayers.

This was the first hankie for one of the girls...


This was the second hankie I made...

and the third for the boy cousin....

Here is a picture of all three...they played tricks on me and did end up slightly different in size, but all still in a nice hankie size ;o)


I made this card to attach to each hankie...I pasted onto a piece of cardstock and laminated it and used ribbon to attach to the hankies...


And here is one last look before they are boxed up with a card and are out the door!! I had made the cards and attached them with the ribbon, when I realized that the verse "there shall be no more death" was missing the word no, I had to undo everything, remake the cards and attach them! As many times as I had read it, it seems I would have caught it sooner...I am *very* thankful I caught it before I sent them!!

I am currently working on my mother's hankie...I felt that she would appreciate it as well...

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

What a gorgeous idea! Your work is beautiful.

Winnie Garza said...

Such a great idea! Love the verse added!

Dawn said...

Oh those are so pretty Mona! What wonderful gifts and wonderful talent you have. :-)

You are very blessed to still have both your parents living.

My dad passed away in 2005. I wish he were still around, I miss him. :-/

Hope you and your family have a safe weekend!!

Bless you,
Dawn

Shereen said...

Hey you!! Did they like those hankies? If not they can send them over here. ;0)