Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cooking for the Week

A few years ago (about 6, lol), I was really good at making several meals and freezing them. Some of my favorites to do were waffles, chicken tenders, pizza bread, meatballs, and roast for pot pies. I am sure there was probably more, but they simply aren't coming to mind right now.

What had started the mass cooking was my being pregnant with the twins. I knew that making the meals would be a more difficult thing to keep up with according to those who had twins before me. Little did I know that I was not going to be able to do much more than that either, lol :o)

After the twins came along and involved so much of my day, the whole cooking ahead flew out the window! I could barely cook for the day, much less cook for the week (or longer)! Between keeping up with the three older children (6 and under) and these little bundles...



...time was just not there. BUT look how cute!! Would you really rather be cooking???? lol ;o) (honestly it was more that I was constantly sitting and nursing! We also moved two times before they were 12 months!)



I finally feel like I am at a good point where I could make meals for the week and some other things to freeze for more than just the week, neato!!



This past Friday I made bbq chicken, mashed pots, and brussel sprouts (for that day), breakfast casserole and lasagna (for Sabbath), two pot roasts with veggies to freeze for pot pies, meatballs for meatball subs, and cashew cream sauce & ground turkey for another meal. The funny part was that most of that was done within just a short time! Not much longer than it took to cook 1 meal. I am working on a system where the children will be able to help me out and *really* get some meals prepared! Nothing easier than pulling out a meal that simply needs to be warmed up! Just make the side dishes and your all set!



For now I will stick to cooking for the week, once I get the huge turkey removed from the freezer I will start working on getting some more things in the freezer like waffles and pizza bread ;o)



Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

That's a great idea, cooking ahead.

And your twins are adorable!

Dawn said...

I never did get into the freeze ahead meal thing, maybe cuz it's just me and the hubby.
Once children come about, that may change I am sure.

Love the pictures! =)

I am glad you are starting to get more cooking in now. Yeah!

Tuesday tidings!

Dawn