Hello ladies! I really miss being here consistently, I am still trying to work toward having the time that I need to do so! For today I want to share my praises for this week...
Thank you for the prayers regarding my quitting, they are so appreciated! Tomorrow will be 11 weeks! The desire to smoke has not completely gone away, but Christ has pulled me through the hardest moments. Praises to the King!!
Even bigger news!! In the last month, my father and his wife learned that she had a large tumor in her uterus. It was over 8 inches long. After some testing, etc they learned that it was indeed cancerous. She had surgery this week to have it removed and the doctor returned with grim news that the cancer had likely spread beyond the uterus and that she only has 30-40% chance of surviving it. After some testing, much to their surprise, they saw that she will be clear of cancer and that there will only be a couple of weeks of radiation to clear up the traces left behind. Thank you, Father! I know that my Dad is overwhelmed with rejoicing for this victory!
I tend to suffer from winter blues pretty badly. I am really not sure the cause, I just feel shut in and trapped I guess. It seems that I have victory over that this winter! I have felt very free! I don't feel like I am moping around or feeing discouraged just because the sun is hiding...really, it may have taken some practice.
For the most part on a cloudy day, I tend to get a little more tired and lame and want to just snuggle the day away...I started before winter to keep a reminder to myself that the SON is with me whether or not the SUN is, this seemed to have helped me through the winter so much better. I hear of many who are complaining about all the snow and how long the winter has been, but I find myself being cheerful and okay with it. In fact, some of my best organizing/cleaning/productive days have come on cloudy days! I am praising God for being my source of joy rather than depending on the weather to do it for me ;o)
Well, things are getting interesting around here, until next time may the Lord bless you and keep you!
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, Thus saith the Lord.
Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er,
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more.
O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me,
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood.
Refrain
Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to ceases
Just from Jesus simply taking
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life, and rest, and joy, and peace.
Refrain
I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
Music by William J Kirkpatrick and Lyrics by Louisa M. R. Stead


Loading...








2 comments:
Praise the Lord for His healing mercies!!
I'm so glad that your father's wife will be okay! That's wonderful news.
And congratulations on going so long without smoking! You're doing great!
Post a Comment