Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, February 26, 2010

SCF ~ Crocheted Octopus (a few actually!)


It has been quite some time ago that I had promised to make these guys for the children.  I guess getting the house done, moving, and getting settled I had forgotten about them.  I had started working on organizing my crafts when I came across the yarn and pattern to make these.  I would not feel good to work on any other craft thing until I got these done, so I have been working on them all week.


As you can see I only have 4 done so far!  It would have been 5 but I ran across some trouble as you will see below...The two small skeins of yarn are the colors I will be using for the last two.

You can see in these two pictures that something strange happened to dd3's octopus, it is supersized !!  The funny thing is that I didn't even notice until the body was done and someone said something about it, lol :o)



The below octopus was originally for dd3, but it got really weird...silly me, I kept working it figuring it would work itself out, but it didn't....You can see that it was going to end up really large and it did not start forming into a ball at all! 

I wasn't sure what the problem was and while I was out yesterday I grabbed another ball...I ended up grabbing a different color though as they had more of a selection than they did last time...This one I will unwind and redo and send with the package I am putting together for my brother who is expecting his first baby...


If you have a craft project you would like to share, come join us for Sew Crafty Friday by clicking the button!  Have a great weekend! :o)

1 comments:

Nanci said...

Mona,

These are so cute!!