Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Monday, March 08, 2010

It's Been Beautiful!

March of 2009, looking out our dining room window (before we moved in!)  The drive is frozen solid!


March of 2010, left picture looking out the same window, you can see there is no ice, just a bunch of mud and slush!  The right picture I took from in front of the house, more yuck! 


March 2009, You can see we had an ice storm, these were actually taken at the end of March!

 

March 2010, You can see that everything is thawing out and it is looking like spring!  So strange for us!  Our temperature actually made it to 52* today!  We are usually snowed in for the winter and don't get thawed out what feels like *forever*  Very nice to see the sun and the spring thaw already! I will try not to complain about the driveway.....too much, lol ;o)

   

If it does decide to leave with a bang and get us all snowed up again, I certainly won't complain then either, just enjoying the weather as it comes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We've had a strange winter as well, a Texas blizzard(6 inches) and very cold temps for our area. I'm learning to be thankful for whatever weather we get, but I'll be very happy when spring gets here!

Not the Waltons said...

I have a couple of friends that are further south in Texas and were getting really cold temperatures, they did not get *that* much snow though, wow! I know for sure that it has been a strange winter for you all and that it had to be a challenge considering the temperatures that you are all used to! Don't blame you for looking forward to spring, either! lol :o)