If you have some crafty fun you would like to share, click on the above button and sign the Linky!
I am currently working on an afghan for my soon to arrive niece! I am so excited to get to be an auntie, she will be the first! The pattern I am working on can be found there ---> Circles to Squares Afghan
Instead of the suggested yarn, I used Bernat Baby Coordinates, it is very soft and part of the ply has a shiny look to it. Very nice!
I needed to make 3 large squares, 5 medium squares, and 16 small squares...I made a few of the smallest, 2 of the medium, and one large and was going to continue that plan at first. Once I got one large one done, I wanted to hurry and get the other two done as well because they took the longest and I wanted them out of my hair! lol :o) Here are some pictures of the finished squares...
For whatever reason the color here looks a bit dull in these pictures...
This morning I finished the last two squares, all I had left was the purple round on them. This picture shows the color a little bit better (although the purple looks too dark, now!), all my squares are done and ready to put together!
I thought I might be able to finish this today before I posted. BUT then I realized not only do I need to put the squares together, I need to do the edging around the whole blanket as well. SO here is part 1, look for part 2 next week!


Loading...










5 comments:
Wow, that is so pretty! I love the colors you chose. Congrats on being an auntie soon!
Wow, it seems as if everywhere I turn there are new babies arriving this spring! I love the pattern and the colors you chose.
That is precious! It's going to be so beautiful when you finish it.
I'm here rolling up a ball of yellow baby yarn at 10 p.m. and suddenly realized I missed SCF. Oh, well, I hope to get something on there over the weekend. I'm sure Shereen won't mind.
I have no baby in mind for a blanket but read a really great idea on another blog: make a neutral color (like yellow) and then add an appropriately colored border when you know if it's a boy or a girl. Seems like a great way to keep a stock of 'gifts' that I can finish off quickly as needed!
Wow, that was really fast. You work quickly!! I can't wait to see it when it's all put together. Thanks for letting us get a sneak peek at it. Does your brother hop on here at all? Miss you!!
I think that is a lovely idea to keep up on having things available! I will have to keep that one in mind! It was always my intention to have some doilies made up so that I could hand them out as a quick thank you...but, I ran out and haven't restocked yet! lol :o)
Hello Shereen! <3 Miss you too! No, my brother hardly even knows what the internet is and all the wonderful things he could be doing, lol :o) I have 1 brother that may hop on here and there, so when I work on his things I will be sending them to your blog, lol ;o)
Post a Comment