This year the children and I have made a commitment to send more cards and letters this year. It had simply become one of those things that has been put off and something that every year I wish I would have been better about.
This week we have been using scrapbooking paper, cardstock, stamp sets, metal trinkets, and fun-shaped brads to dress up some nice cards to our dear family and friends. It has been so much fun and watching the children create has been a blessing!

For the rest of the year we intend on planning ahead for our card-making day in order to not get behind. I look forward to keeping up with birthdays and thank yous alike! It has been long since I have sat down to write a meaningful letter to those dearest to me and I plan to make that a habit in my life as well as in the lives of my children. With no family nearby, it will help set a bond with those who are close to our hearts but far from physical reach. Also, because of the current living situation (only seeing hubby weekends), I know that my husband would be blessed to receive some of these cards at work from time to time :o)
Here are a few of the cards we have made:

At the end of the week I found Letters You Will Wish You Had Written, a beautiful article by that I am happy I came across at the LAF website. I love it when there is something specific you are working on and an article or conversation with a friend re-establishes that very thing :o)
3 comments:
Awww...it looks like everyone is having a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing. I have to get the children into the habit of making cards as well. It helps when you have everything together in one container. lol ;0)
Those look great! I may just have to pick up some crafty material in the future. I'm hearing so much about making cards these days that I'll have to try making our own sometime. :0)
That's our plan for this year too. Ds & I have written in Bdays and anniversaries on a calendar. We'll use my scrapbooking stuff to make some cards. Happy card making. :o)
Post a Comment