Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Family Worship

Every week I put together the Bible study for my children. With the help of my copy of For Instruction in Righteousness and my topical bible I put together studies for Sunday through Saturday. Each week is based on a theme; obedience, love, forgiveness, respect, etc. Often it is something that I can talk to the children about what is being worked on in my own heart. I thought that I would share how I set each week up...



I use little markers by Post-It, I am able to write on them and write the number of day on each one, usually 2 to 3 for each day. I stick the marker on the outer edge of the page to keep my place in the Bible, so that I can switch to that page more quickly when reading the verses and talking about them with the children. For example, Day 1 will have markers with the number 1 on them and marked to the pages for Eph 4:31-32, Lev 19:17, and the memory verse...

On a notebook page I write our memory verse at the top and then I write the numbers 1-7 on the next 7 lines, after each number I put the verses to be looked up on that day. This helps because I probably won't remember each verse the markers are holding the pages for ;o)

Each morning we study our memory verse and read and talk about the verses. In the evening before bed we read through two different books of the Bible, depending on the book it might be 1 chapter of one book and 5 of another or 2 of one and 4 of another, etc.

On the 7th day, the Sabbath, we read a story in the Bible that shows the character trait that we have been talking about for the week along with coloring, playing with felts, etc.

I would love to hear some of the ways that your family gather for Bible studies!

1 comments:

Shereen said...

I will try to do my post about this tomorrow. I so enjoy Instructions in Righteousness, everything is so nicely put together for you. ;0) It seems like you have a good plan set up there.