Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
This morning I woke up to the hustle and bustle of the day. Children running around gathering cereal bowls and spoons, pouring milk, making beds and getting dressed. I laid in bed nursing my little O, only 2 months old. "Another day? The same thing? When do I get peace??" were my thoughts upon waking, I am sure that others can relate (I sure hope so or I feel pretty foolish right now, lol).
I am slow moving today, my back feels achy and I don't feel like I got much sleep. Surely I could blame the lack of sleep on my precious little O who seemed a bit busier last night then most, but the truth is that it is just as much my fault. I chose to stay up last night, enjoy the quiet, feel calm after a busy day! While there is nothing wrong with that, it does wreck the morning and what my first thoughts and feelings of the day are.
While I started gathering the mess of my precious older 5 children I started feeling even more frustrated when I felt a call to my heart. I was reminded that perhaps I should have had some time to wake up and enjoy the Lord before the day was started. I started making my excuses that it is so hard to get up every day like that as much as I love how my days feel when I do etc etc, that is when I heard, "faint not in well doing".
Yes! It is true! My days are nicer, run more smoothly, I get to wake up to handle the busyness of the day better than literally waking up to chaos, I am able to get more accomplished those days, and I have a freshly oil-filled lamp and am ready! Yes, not only does this definitely fall into the category of "well doing" it also proves what can be reaped by the circumstances of my wake up in the morning!! So why was I falling short of that special time in the morning? I allowed myself to look at the clock this morning and immediately feel discouraged because my flesh wanted more sleep. This week has been very interesting, I have set my clock each evening and every morning I was up 10 to 15 minutes before the alarm went off! Surely I am being called for that time in the day with the Lord! I am not going to faint at well doing, but be sure that I have that time in the morning with Him. I will not be strong enough to handle the new day's circumstances if I do not fill my heart full of Him and His Word before the craziness gets started each day.
Thank you for letting me share! Now off to the busyness of my home! ;o)
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Loading...







2 comments:
Hey you, I didn't know you had already started blogging. Gee, thanks for telling me. ;0) I'm not sure if you know, but Erna just made her blog private, so that link won't work. I will be back to comment on what you wrote about. lol I should have done that first, huh. Now that I know you are up and running, I will add you to my blog and bloglines.
Ramona,
I just LOVE you so much! You have always had a way that warms my heart! Keep on doing what you are doing!
Post a Comment