Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Organized School Dresser

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Well, it is about time I tackled this one! Some how the school area had migrated to my office area and what was left behind is a disaster!! The children brought me what I needed and got into things that they shouldn't etc and this is what you get! I have all the befores and afters below:

These are the cupboards, I didn't really have a specific way to be here, just things put in here:



It may not look WAY different, but there is more organization to it none-the-less...I took out all the school books that won't be used for some time to make more room, the top shelf is full of books that we use daily, the second shelf are workbooks that I make copies of for daily work, third shelf down is full of different flashcards, math & phonics. The bottom is full of books for crafts, maps, and books that we will start using soon. It feels nice in there now :o)




Can you say "catch all"?? Yep! This is an area of my home that seems to catch EVERYTHING! :o) Time to clean off that dresser and put it to better use!



Here is a view with it all cleaned up! I had also moved it to the other side of the room, that may even help make it not so convenient to drop things off on it!



Top drawer, need I say more?



We have much better use of the top drawer now, the first basket holds different art things (more was added after picture) it holds, glue, paint brushes, markers, etc. Second basket holds more flashcards, all of which need to be organized! Ugh, will definitely way for another tackle!



Second drawer, again, YIKES!!



It really may not *look* much better but things are organized into their own gallon bags and are ready for some major art work!



Third drawer, how do these things happen!!



And here is that same drawer un-junked and tidy!



Definitely making a note to self to add school dresser to my weeklies in order to keep this up! Thanks for stoppin by and seeing my clean up!

12 comments:

Shereen said...

Wow, it looks like you've been busy over there. Everything looks so neat and tidy now. Keep it up, it looks great. I think tackling it weekly is a great idea.

In Light of the Truth... said...

Thanks for stopping by my page and leaving such kind words of encouragment! The work you've done today looks amazing and it actually makes me breathe easier to see how much better it looks! Good job, and happy Tuesday!!

Beckaboo said...

Wow! Wanna' come clean mine?

Looks GREAT!!

Blessings!!

By the grace of God ... said...

You have definitely accomplished a huge tackle! Wow! It looks great ... and weekly maintenance is always a great idea!
Blessings!
Michelle

Not the Waltons said...

For the record, I took the pictures and moved the dresser on Sunday and was tuckered out after some room tidy...Monday morning I was able to finish the dresser completely before the children woke up, yay! So it was not actually done today, but something I wanted done by today ;o)

I usually attack an area really well and then add it to my weeklies to keep it up, for instance, in my kitchen I tackle 2 cupboards and all the drawers, and the pantry, SOO much easier to keep something up than to walk in on it looking like my dresser did! lol ;o)

Thanks for all the encouragment!!

Blessings!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

That was a very ambitious tackle! I have a couple of spaces in my house that look like that. You've given me hope that I can tackle them too and make them look better.

Laurel said...

way to go... you got a lot done today!

Celeste said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog
The cupboard does look way different much tidier
Im sure it will more functional
U did a good job of the dresser
Well done to u
Happy home schooling :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! What a fantastic job you've done here. I loved the "catch all" bit - we have the same here! *lol* This is one of the best tackles i've seen in a long while! Thanks for stopping by and i look forward to getting to know you! Have a great week!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Great job!! It's amazing how all that stuff just appears and multiplies... At least, that's what it seems like at our house. :)

Laura said...

Wow! Can I just say I thoroughly enjoyed sharing in your success. Well done!!

Laura