Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Vest Progress / Finished B-Day Cards

I can't believe it is Friday again already! Well...this week I did not get that much accomplished, but that is okay! For Sew Crafty Friday I am allowed to show progress of things too! SO if you are working on a project or have one completed, come join the fun! Just click the link above to share your project(s)!!
Here is an update to the vest I started last week, I have the 7 motifs sewn together and I believe 12 rows done, and for the record my left side over there is not all uneven, lol :o) Just wrinkled up a bit when I took the picture ;o) It is turning out real nice and the yarn that I bought is working out real nicely, worth the expense!




The children and I also attacked some cards. If you remember this post on making cards, we wanted to make it a habit to do something precious for our loved ones through cards and letters... our precious neighbor will be 70-something and we wanted to send some love! :o) I wasn't going to post it since we have a card-maker, but then figured this was a bit different anyway since the children made them too :o)

From Left to Right, Fleabite's Card (4), then Dooper's (2), and then Mister's (6):



Here is the one that I made, I cheated a little though as the tags were already done from another time I had time to play ;o) Worked out perfect! The stamps on the under tag I had colored using coloring pencils, it turned out nice!



And then from left again, Jubal's (2), and Linier's (8):



Shereen, these are the little things that I don't know what to call them, some are little brads, the others with holes, dunno, lol :o) They add alot to cards though...Also the tool set is below that I was telling you about, one of my favorite little gadgets!!




And that is my Sew Crafty Friday! Be sure to join the fun! Just click on the button above!!

6 comments:

Mom2fur said...

The kids did a great job with the cards! Your 70-something neighbor will love them.
The motif for the vest is just gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished product.
The things with holes are called 'eyelets,' LOL! And you are right--the ones that are sort of like paper fasteners, only cuter, are brads!

Not the Waltons said...

I *thought* they were called eyelets, lol :o) I just wasn't sure! The package only bore the name "embellishments", lol ;o)

The children's cards did turn out cute, I help them with the ribbon and embellishments, but they tell me what and where! :o)

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Shereen said...

The children really did do a great job. Where is Ms. O's card? lol You ladies are going to get me in trouble with all the card making. I have purposefully(is that a word) not looked into it, because I'm scared that I will want to give it a try. ;0) That vest is coming out great. I didn't realize how tiny the stitches are. What size hook are you using. Now I know what you mean with the eyelets. I had no clue what a brad was. That little case with your "tools" is really nice. Thank you for sharing and clearing up all the little embellishments and tools. Please keep us updated on the vest progress. No need to wait until the end.

Mom2fur said...

Hi, again! Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment on my apron. I did enjoy little Julianna. But I have to say, at 51, I've forgotten how tiring a baby can be! She's an angel, and of course she doesn't crawl. But...with a baby, you have to stay alert. The two of us actually fell asleep in my recliner before her mom came for her, LOL!

Lisa said...

Your vest is going to be lovely! I can't wait to see the finished product. ;o)

The cards are awesome! I bet the kids had alot of fun making them. Your family, friends and neighbors will really be blessed to recieve them.

Unknown said...

Those cards are too precious!