Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Avocado Baby Food

YAY! This week we finally started our first foods! My youngest dd is already 5 months old and we have started the wonderful world of baby foods!

The book that I have used for my children is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron


For dd5m's first food we started with avocados...Here are just *some* of the benefits of an avocado, you must see the link posted as well to see a wealth of information!

--great for cholestorel
--guards against heart disease, high blood pressure, & stroke
--protects against breast cancer & inhibits prostate cancer
--helps your body absorb health-promoting carotenoids from other vegetables it is eaten with (even if avocado is added in very small amounts over tossed salad!)

Here is a *HUGE* site about the avocado, I really enjoyed reading it and learning more about the avocado!

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/avocadoarticle.html

To make this food for my little one, I simply scooped the meat of the fruit out of the skin, cut a small piece onto the plate and mooshed with a fork until there were no clumps (or as close to that as possible!) Then added a *pinch* of water a little at a time until it was a good runny consistency.



She loved it sooo much! Look at her grab my hand to draw it closer to her mouth!! I was amazed at how ready for foods she really was!



One satisfied baby!



I will share a few things in the next couple weeks that make baby feeding easy and fun!