Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Homemade Cloth Diapers



YAY!! It is Sew Crafty Friday again! To see more wonderful projects just click the link above and join the fun! You can post your craft projects of any type there as well!

This week for Sew Crafty Friday I have been working *really* hard on these cloth diapers. Well, I started a while ago and am finishing up the very last of them this week :o) I saved my favorite ones for last and since they aren't done I will probably be posting them next week :o)

Here is a velcro diaper, I sewed fleece and PUL fabric together and then topstitched. These are pocket diapers, so I can stuff according to the need, whether it be daytime or over night...







Here is a snap diaper:





I have found the velcro to be much easier to construct, but the snaps hold suprisingly better! I really thought the velcor would be best, but am pretty happy with the way the snaps have worked out...they took ALOT of practice!

All the diapers have a four snaps on the front, the second set is covered by one of the diaper tabs as it snaps into the other two, when baby is bigger those two snaps will be used...

Lookie here! On the tab it has the same part of snap as on the front where they need to snap in! I had to add that third snap in the middle in order for this diaper to work at all!



Atleast it looks stylish with that third snap, lol :o)



I will share some information that I found helpful in cloth diapering later, there is so much information on the web and it gets *really* confusing, I found a way that works for me and am delighted with. I sure wish that it would have worked out this wonderfully when I tried when the twins were babies! Just imagine all the money that could have been saved! Not too mention the chemicals that would have been avoided :o( Anyway, I will share those things later, for now, I must be off to prepare for the Sabbath! :o)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You sure put alot of work into them. They turned out great! You should be very pleased with the results. :o)

Happy Sabbath!

Anonymous said...

Mona,

It's so great that you can do these things. I attempted to sew a dress for Rachel not long ago. It was "okay" but I don't have a brain for sewing. My dad was here helping me out (he did a lot of upholstery when he was younger and he's a man who can see something and do it . . . my brain works very differently). I don't know if I'll attempt it again. However, I think it's great reading about what you are able to do for your family. It speaks of the Proverbs 31 women to me in the way you are watching over all the needs in your household.

Blessings to you and yours . . .

P.S. The picture of your littles one in the last post about avocados was just too sweet.

HsKubes said...

You did a wonderful job!

~ Christina