Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Last Nice Day for a While

After looking at the weather this morning, I realized that today would be the last warm day for a while. The highest high (besides today) will be 62, and there will be lots of rain! You can see tips of trees starting to turn already, my favorite part of fall :o)



So what does one do with the last warm day? Well, first things first! I got the laundry out!! I was able to dry 3 loads, the third load I had to finish off in the dryer for 15 minutes. I also got my neglected van all cleaned out, vacuumed, and wiped down...still not perfect but it is a major improvement to it's previously sad condition ;o)



Up next, getting all the procrastinated yard work done! We had a little bit of clean up every where, so I "invited" the children to help out ;o)







We also cleaned up the bike shed, we moved all the broken things that need to make a trip to the dump out of it and moved them next to the ol car that we need to remove from the property...eventually it will all make it out of here and I can't wait for that day since that is the first thing we see when we look out our french doors!






He shoots!

He scores!!



I had asked ds7 to clean up all the leaves that had pushed up againsted the house from last fall. In the meantime, he had found some "rolie-polies" and kept playing with them, and playing with them, and playing with them. This job took much time! He finally got *real* busy once the camera was looking at him, lol ;o) Here he is tossing a handful into the bag we keep next to the compost...

Well, would you look at that! Dd2 woke up just in time for playtime!!





All bikes and toys were cleaned up and put away after playtime to keep up the yard ;o) Since the shed got cleaned out, it will be much easier to take the bikes in and out.

Oh, and I caught the twins loving each other, don't tell them though ;o)

I was going to do my shopping for the week this evening, but hubby requested that I did not, I did a lot of work and he did not want me to overdo it, because in his opinion I already had, SO I am sitting here relaxing and sending this post instead ;o)

3 comments:

Shereen said...

Please ask Ms. O if I can borrow that hat, it's fantabulous!! ;0) She looks so cute. Aww...the twins look adorable holding hands. We just came back from a walk ;0) (yes, I went) and we saw Micah and Brit holding hands, which is a first, because Micah and Elijah are normally inseparable. Sure enough within minutes Elijah was in the middle holding both their hands. lol I 'm happy you were able to get a lot of the outside things done. We need to mow the lawn one last time. I'm glad they were able to get some fun in as well with the rolly pollies and bike riding.

Tawnya said...

Awww, I was going to ask for the hat too - I didn't know there was going to be a waiting list!

Oh, and I deleted my blog (so you might want to take it off your sidebar). I just couldn't be consistant with it - and besides, I'm having way too much fun on Facebook!

Not the Waltons said...

lol :o) You two are so funny :o) You can visit your local D*ll*r Tree and have one just like it!! lol ;o)

Shereen, That is so sweet with Micah and Elijah, and how sweet with Brit, no stomping or melting, easy compromise, lol :o)

Tawnya, I am sorry to see that you have deleted it!! I enjoyed your posts alot! I can't stay consistent with my blog either, waaah! (or facebook! lol)