Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Nature Walks

Just sharing some pictures from the summer...I had taken several pictures and hoping to share some of them here and there.

These pictures are mostly from our nature walks. Speaking of which, we probably should get out today for another (autumn style) while it is nice....nothing but rain for the next few days!

This is a teeny toad ds7 found in the backyard....



This is the trail we head down to find more trails and more of God's creation...



A teeny flower I could not get a focused picture of...



A snake that had buried itself into a rotting tree trunk, it weaseled it's way out and slithered away after a bit....it was strange to see the tail whipping back and forth!



Some strange plant that has a spongey/bouncy type feel to it, the children really liked that!



And then a bunch more "Mommy, take a picture of this...and this....and that" requests, lol :o)








Camera failed to catch the beauty of a storm rolling in. It cut one of our walks short as we did not want to be out in it when it hit...









We were impressed how the longer grass had started turning maroon...

A close up of the snake I shared about earlier....




These looked like some sort of dried wild flowers/roses, I thought they looked kind of neat...

A break in the shade! Was warm enough then to need the break!

I thought this was really interesting. Like the tree trunk the snake was hiding in, this tree trunk is growing moss and red flowers.









3 comments:

Cassandra said...

What an awesome looking snake!

Dawn said...

Looks like a lot of fun dear one!

Nothing else beats the purity and wonderment of a child. =)

Maybe the rain will stay away for a few more days so you can get some more walks in.
It's raining right now (8 a.m.) here in my area. Hope it stops soon...I am ultra paranoid about the roof leaking again..ugh!

Have a blessed 1st day of the week!

~ Dawn

Lisa said...

Great photos Mona! We love nature walks too. Take care. :o)