Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Getting Cozy!

For the last few months our living room had an unfinished project looking at us every day! Hubby's friend had set up the stone and made the platform for the woodstove as our last project in getting the house finished up to move in. He really has a way with tiles, grouting, etc! You will have to excuse my hideous window covering there, it is actually a sheet as I have not put up real live curtains yet!

At one point the installers had left to replace one of the pipes as they had cut it too short, they left us with a hole in the ceiling and roof! I wish I would have got a better picture looking straight up as it looks like only the drywall is missing from this picture, but you can see the light shining through ;o)

In the meantime, it was my job to keep the children together and not harassing the installers...after it was installed I had grabbed a broom to sweep up the mess left in the living room and one of the installers said, "Ah, so you get the easy part of the job" I thought to myself, hmmmm....LOL ;o)

After a few hours, dd2 went to sleep on the floor while watching the tv....speaking of which, I need to get her up as she still sleeps!

And *finally* the finished product! Such excitement for everyone to get it going right away! I am not sure if he would admit it, but I think hubby was/is more excited than the children, lol ;o)


Feel free to come on over and snuggle by the fire with us!

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

What a pretty fireplace!

Donalacasa said...

Wow! It looks great. I love looking at home improvement photos. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings!

Not the Waltons said...

Thank you :o) In the past year we have finally finished the house and moved in, I have so many photos to share as time allows! Donalacasa, do you have a blog? When I click on your name it says it is not public?

Donalacasa said...

Mona, my link is:

http://donalacasa-ladyofthehouse.blogspot.com/

Donalacasa said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mona. So glad to have you as a new friend.

Blessings!